The Making Beautiful Bras eBook is your complete guide to understanding bras and learning how to make your own well-fitting bras.
The book has all 202 pages from the printed book (the PDF version translates this to 394 A4 pages), contains 282 monochrome diagrams and 3 pages of colour plates. It is available in various formats to suit most eBook reader devices and software, including ePub, mobi and PDF.
Please note some users have reported problems opening the PDF version. If this happens please contact us and we will send you an alternate link to the PDF.
Sample pages in PDF format are available for download here: Making Beautiful Bras Sample Pages PDF.
The eBook contains –
- An analysis of a well fitting bra and the components of a bra.
- Instructions for drafting your own individual bra pattern from your favourite bra.
- An explanation of all the basic sewing techniques that enable us to sew very professional looking bras on the humble sewing machine.
- General sewing instructions for “typical’ underwired and non-underwired bras.
- Specific sewing instructions for six different styles of underwired bras.
- Specific sewing instructions for nine different styles of non-underwired bras.
- An analysis of the design and construction of a range of special bras: nursing bras, strapless bras, ‘push-up’ bras, long-line bras, bra body-suits, mastectomy bras, sports bras, minimiser bras, front opening bras and ‘heavy duty’ bras.
- Strategies to overcome some design and fit problems.
- A method for producing a cup pattern from a breast.