Making Beautiful Bras is your complete guide to understanding bras and learning how to make your own well-fitting bras.
The book has 202 pages, contains 282 monochrome diagrams and 3 pages of colour plates. It has a wire bound spine so that it can be folded back onto itself, using a minimum of space next to your sewing machine.
It contains –
- An analysis of a well fitting bra and the components of a bra.
- Instructions for drafting your own individual bra pattern from your favourite bra.
- An explanation of all the basic sewing techniques that enable us to sew very professional looking bras on the humble sewing machine.
- General sewing instructions for “typical’ underwired and non-underwired bras.
- Specific sewing instructions for six different styles of underwired bras.
- Specific sewing instructions for nine different styles of non-underwired bras.
- An analysis of the design and construction of a range of special bras: nursing bras, strapless bras, ‘push-up’ bras, long-line bras, bra body-suits, mastectomy bras, sports bras, minimiser bras, front opening bras and ‘heavy duty’ bras.
- Strategies to overcome some design and fit problems.
- A method for producing a cup pattern from a breast.